12/12/08

Two funny stories

#1 - Mis-heard Words

I was reading a story to G1 the other day and read the line "he lost an arm fighting Napoleon."

She startled and said "What?"  When I started to explain about old wars and amputation, she said "Ohhh, I thought you said 'he lost an arm for writing a poem.'"

I know people that think poetry is a form of torture, but that would probably be a bit drastic.


#2 - Letter to Santa

We "sort of" do Santa at our house.  My kids all know he is pretend, and we never tell them it's real.  However, we do go see him at the mall, because my kids like candy canes and coloring books.  When they ask for things, we say "you'll have to ask Santa."  Then they say "You are Santa.  We're asking you."

B1 decided he was going to write a letter to Santa, because he heard that if you write to him, he'll write back.  Here's his letter
To: Santa, North Pole, Canada, H0H 0H0 
Dear Santa,
I hope you have a great Christmas.
From _____

I thought that was the cutest letter I'd seen.  Too bad I didn't mail it (oops)

That is his real address, in case you were wondering.