12/8/08

Another muffin recipe!

For some reason, I always hesitated to make Peanut Butter Muffins.  I expected that they would turn out dry.  (I don't know why with all that oil in them.)  This one turned out great.  The whole time I was making them, I was thinking of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup commercial from the eighties with the robot saying "your chocolate - in my peanut butter."  It really must really have made a big impression, since we didn't even have a tv in that era.

I guess it goes without saying that this is not a health food.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c peanut butter
1/4 c margarine
1 c milk
2 eggs
1 c chocolate chips

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.  Cut in peanut butter and margarine until crumbly.  Add milk and eggs, and stir just to moisten.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Bake 375 for 20 min.