5/11/09

My Kitchen has Moved!!!

Mom's kitchen has moved, and I don't mean to a new website.  I mean my actual, physical kitchen has moved.  I guess technically, it wasn't the kitchen that moved but it was me that moved to a new kitchen.  My husband had a great opportunity at work, and all it meant was that our family of six had to move from Canada to Korea in five weeks.  Trust me, that was not as easy as it sounds.

Anyway, we have moved and are settling in to our new home.  I have found a couple of markets and grocery stores, and thankfully there are a lot more English labels than I was anticipating.  I don't speak Korean, and I don't read Korean, so I am grateful.  The people we have seen are very friendly and helpful and forgiving of my blundering attempts.  They are also fascinated by a family with four blonde kids.

I am trying many new things - both at home and in restaurants, so join me as I learn to shop, cook and eat all over again.

Goodbye Canada!!




Hello Korea!!