9/16/08

Baby Quilt

I enjoy hand-quilting and I get great satisfaction out of seeing the finished product, but with home schooling four children, I don't get much time to do that (and there's not a lot of space in my house for a quilt frame).  Last year for Christmas, my husband bought me an even-feed foot for my sewing machine (it's what I asked for), and now I'm getting a lot of practice using it.  I can finally finish all the quilt tops that I have pieced and not gotten around to finishing! 

My sister-in-law just had a new baby, so I made a quilt for them.  It was a quilt top I had previously made, and it was quilted in under an hour!  I know it is not authentic for quilting purists, but it probably will be spit up on by a baby.  I was pretty happy with how it turned out.  It is backed in flannel.